Responsible for daily accounting work and routine journal entries. Follow standardized procedures in performing routine accounting clerical operations. Perform a variety of support duties related to the accounting function within the credit union.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of activities to assist the manager in maintaining the financial, statistical, and accounting records of the credit union.
- Enter data into accounting systems and generate reports on a daily basis. Prepare various financial, regulatory, and special reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis as requested by management.
- Complete morning payment decisioning process with assistance from management.
- Process all necessary journal entry transactions and make sure everything is in balance by completing daily account balancing process. Prepare accounting department reconciliations for managements review.
- Review and post employee expenses into the general ledger.
- Post some general ledger entries, and proof totals with the general ledger system. File and store general ledger journals daily.
- Prepare accounts payable checks after receiving proper authorization.
- Track vendor contract key dates and collect and retain due diligence.
- Process wires for approval.
- Assist with month-end closing process.
- Maintain working knowledge of various accounting software programs
- Other duties, as assigned.
Associates degree or higher is preferred. In lieu of degree, minimum four years of professional experience in an accounting or finance setting, banking preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities, Licenses, etc.:
- Customer service, thoroughness, confidentiality, analyzing information, decision making, professionalism, and quality focus
- Ability to communicate well, verbally or written, with co-workers, customers, community members and management.
- Ability to comply with company and industry operating, safety standards, rules and regulations.Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a minimal amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply manual dexterity to operate office equipment and handling of cash. Ability to view computer monitor or laptop screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with confidential information, materials, and files appropriately, professionally, & discretely.
- Office environment
- Ability to adapt easily to changing work schedules. Travel to branches may be required.
- Travel around the Shreveport-Bossier area may be required.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, qualifications, efforts, or requirements associated with the position.
Resumes can be emailed to Careers@ANECA.org